Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Wishful Thinking

To be honest, ever so often,
I find myself wishing I could go back to the time
when my life seemed so much simpler..
and getting ready for work in the morning
didn’t entail so much fuss.

I wish I didn’t have to groom my brows
because mine were always fine,
or to color my cheeks
because I always blushed,
or to apply lipstick
because I was never pale without it,
or to conceal my pores
because they always seemed invisible,
or to tuck myself in a girdle
because my curves were always in place!

I am old, and always in a hurry! 
How can I waste this much energy?

But you see,
makeup makes me giddy! 
When I get a new makeup, outfit, or whatchammacallit,
I feel like a kid with some candy! 
And those bedtime rituals with creams and serums
make me most pretty!

I may have aged, yes, but deep in me,
I am just a girl trapped in a woman’s body.


So please bear with me. Heheh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment