Saturday, July 20, 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Foundation

I am a fan of blawgger Donnarence and in one of her posts she mentioned liking this foundie so much.  I was so inclined to getting one for myself but sometime in the not so distant past, I promised myself I ain't getting a new one 'til I've used up atleast one of my current ones.

But this one got too hard to pass.  Afterall, the sale price is waaay much cheaper compared to the online price.  So I yielded -- just because it was on sale.


The jar was hhheeavvy! Tis made of glass! I never bothered even checking the real thing on Revlon cpounters before because I wasn't planning on getting one not until, like I mentioned, I've used up my any of my current ones.  I got it in Buff (thinking it was my shade only to find out upon coming home that my other Colorstay is in Sand).  Anyways, the SA even persuaded me into getting a back-up simply because the thing is on sale.  I politely refused. Heheh.
I was told the coverage is light to medium unlike the liquid one which, according to the SA, can double as a concealer.  Anyways, I thought maybe this could be a good alternative.  So once opened, I was kind'v disappointed because I was hoping (don't we all?lol!) it was filled to the brim.  Whipped cream it was!  The texture was light and fluffy and ssslight----ly goopy!
It looked delish in the bottle but my major frustration right away was the fact that the thing looked better untouched.  The glass was big and getting the foundie meant having to dip my fingers into it everytime!
Good thing I kept my Ponds spatula.  It was just what I needed!
So yes, this is how it looks.  The Ponds spatula was perfect.  It allowed me perfect control of the product since I can only take as little as necessary without contaminating the whole thing.





So this is me sans make up.  Just plain Ponds Gold Radiance Serum and Olay Day Moisturizer.


And me two hours after at the office. =)

The Good:
Lightweight.
Stays put for hmmm 4hours onthe oiliest part of my face.  Longer for the rest.

The Bad:
Like the Liquid Colorstay version, its very tricky to apply.  I tried setting it with Fanny Serrano Two-Way Foundation powder but it does tend to cake up on some areas (my nose in particular). The rest of my face nevertheless stays matte -- for nope, not for long either.  

Overall, it ain't a bad substitute for my usual BB creams so I ain't complaining. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment